Our donors and member supporters continued to make regular donations. Funds also came in from special projects and from various long term funding streams
Using these funds, we supported 148 girls at 8 schools , payig their schools fees and other necessary expenses
Our Malawi Country Director visited each school where we have girls, in her supporting and mentoring role
Our Board of 9 Trustees, including Remmie Kamanga in Malawi, met regularly, mostly online, with one awayday in Fife
Moira, our Marketing Lead, co-ordinated an extensive programme of various fundraising activities. The Marketing Team worked hard to share the stories from these events
Our volunteers generously shared their specialist skills in various ways
We couldn’t do this without these partners and friends…
- Synod of Livingstonia – We supported girls in 5 schools this year
- Diocese of Karonga – We were pleased to be able to add a second school to this partnership which is in the most northern part of Malawi and one of the poorest areas
- Menchengautuba CDSS – we continued our successful partnership directly with this community day school
- The Soko fund continues to support MMF girls through their university education. It’s good to be able to offer this opportunity and to know how much they are achieving.
- Lancashire West Methodist Circuit – these congregations support 6 girls at St Mary’s Karonga
We also collaborated with many other organisations including:-
Bananabox Trust, Friends of Engcongolweni, Dalgety Parish Church, Scotland-Malawi Partnership, Medic to Medic, and Alloway Parish Church
And, of course, we continue to be supported by a number of groups and individuals who provide regular donations.