Our 2023 AGM took place online on Saturday 4th November. Thanks to all who attended. Videos from the AGM are on our YouTube channel. Why not subscribe so that you get notified when we add to those already there?
AGM 2023 AGENDA
Online meeting on Zoom and livestreamed on Facebook.
- Minutes of previous AGM and matters arising
- Presentation of the Annual Review: Convenors
- Report from Malawi Country Director: Mercy Sibande
- Presentation of annual accounts: Treasurer
- Marketing report: Marketing Team
- Proposed changes to the Constitution
- Election of Trustees
- Appointment of Independent Examiner
- Speaker: Mrs Precious Mhone, Embangweni Secondary School for Deaf Children
- Speaker: Mr Kevin Simpson, Malawi Fruits
We were delighted to have a keynote speech from Mrs Precious Mhone, Boarding Mistress at Embangweni Secondary School for Deaf Children. Shetold us about the school, the pupils and the pressures faced by them. You can watch that presentation here.
Mr Kevin Simpson, CEO of Malawi Fruits, then spoke on “Beyond Education – empowering women in the agriculture sector”. Malawi Fruits has some innovative approaches which are enabling women to own horticultural businesses and to gain a good income through greenhouse farming. Kevin told the compelling story of how this has come about, the different models which are working and the scope for expansion in Northern Malawi. Watch that presentation here.